If you purchased SpecLog directly from TechTalk, this information can be found in the email you received from TechTalk.
If you purchased SpecLog via SWREG, use the following values to register your license:
- Issued To: The email address used to purchase SpecLog; this is the "Email Address" in your confirmation email from SWREG.
- License Key: The "Keycode" in the email you received from SWREG.
For more information on licensing, see Licensing and Evaluation.
Registering a Client LicenseIf you purchased a client license:
- Ensure that no user token files (
.sltokenextension) are located in the client's
%AppData%\SpecLog\Tokensdirectory. If files are present, move them to another directory.
- Start the SpecLog client. The license key registration dialog is displayed:
- Enter the name of the licensee in the Issued to field and the license key in the License key field.
- Click on Register.
- If you want to use your client license to access a server, the token needs to be registered on the server. A client license allows you to access any number of servers with your license.
Registering a Server LicenseIf you purchased a server license, it needs to be registered on the server. To register your server license key on the server, use the SpecLog ServerManager command line tool located in the
>SpecLog.ServerManager.exe license <licenseKey> <issuedTo>
<issuedTo> with the values supplied to you with your license (see above).